Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's for Supper??














With temps in negative territory for most of the day, it seemed like a great day for a pot of soup simmering on the stove. What's a bowl of chili without hot, skillet corn bread served with homemade butter and warm honey?

Speaking of honey, when I opened my laptop to post this foto, I decided to first post to the Gardener's Bed-Book calendar (right column). Guess what the entry for today is about? Bee hives and honey! With my fingers still sticky from my honey-drenched, slice of cornbread, I offer...

The Ancient Bee Hive
From the earliest time the garden had its bee hives and the keeping of bees was accounted a necessary part of the gardener's work. In those days honey was the only means of sweetening food and drink.
-Richardson Wright in Another Gardener's Bed-Book

No comments:

Post a Comment