Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I can hardly wait....


I am so excited. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas. Ev, my college-age son, will arrive home tomorrow morning from a semester abroad in India.

I ran to the market this morning to pick up some chicken breasts to roast for our evening meal. As I stood at the meat counter, I started to think about preparing all my son's favorite foods-potato soup, rhubarb crunch, homemade rolls, roasted red pepper soup. What started as a quick stop for chicken ended with two bags of groceries filled with pistachio nuts, clementines, avocados, fresh PICKET FENCE CREAMERY cream, teriyaki beef jerky...and the chicken breasts.

With finals over, and winter break stretching out before me, I can be mom again. I decorated the Christmas tree, wrapped some presents for Paul,Ev, and Tess, shoveled snow TWICE!, and got busy in the kitchen. Ev will be home in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment